Header Ads

The Poker Hand

RAY: My wife and I were sitting at the kitchen table the other day, when she notices a deck of cards. It was from the night before, when I was teaching the boys how to play poker -- trying to win back some of the money they keep borrowing from me.

She says, "I'd like to learn how to play poker. Will you teach me?"

So, I say, "Sure." I explain to her the ranking of the hands, how a royal flush is the best hand... going all the way down to the lowly deuce-and the lowest hand one could have, which is no pairs.

I've got all the cards face up on the table and she says, "Let's play a game. You pick five cards and I'll pick five cards, and let's see who has the best hand.

I say, "That's pretty stupid. I'm going to pick a royal flush and you're going to pick a royal flush, and we're going to be tied."

"Let's play this way," she says, "After you pick your cards, and after I pick mine, you can throw away as many cards you want, up to and including five. And you can replace them all or replace any number of them you like. I'll go first, and I'll beat you."

My wife picks five cards... and she beats me!

What hand did she draw?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



from Poker

No comments

Powered by Blogger.